- Watermelon (I used a small watermelon, but I would recommend using a large one so you can make it look more like a cake and not a blob)
- Whipped cream
- Any kind of unsalted nut (I used walnuts)
- Toothpicks (if you're attaching berries to form numbers)
- PAPER TOWELS (this one is important, trust me)
- Peel the watermelon
- PAT COMPLETELY DRY (I didn't do this, so I ended up with the mess in the photo below)
- Add whipped cream
- Refrigerate until whipped cream is slightly solid
- Add blueberries, nuts, and strawberries in whatever decorated fashion you'd like!
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
Note: I started out using two watermelons and then gave up halfway and chopped up one to make a fruit salad. After a few minutes, I resumed my cake making, resulting a perfectly personal watermelon cake.