- 2 lbs. of chicken (will be sliced into strips, so tenderloins or breast are fine)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup diced pecans
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. paprika
Yields: Aprx. 8 sandwiches
- After slicing the chicken into half-inch strips, season liberally with garlic powder, pepper and salt.
- Sear in greased pan on medium heat, turning at the half-way point, for 12 minutes or until done. Remove from heat.
- While the chicken cools, prepare the smoky-mayo blend by mixing olive oil mayonnaise and paprika in small bowl.
5. In a large mixing bowl, combine diced chicken, smoky mayo, diced onions and diced pecans. (You can cook the onions on medium heat for 3 minutes if you prefer a less tart bite).
6. Chill mixture in fridge for 30 minutes.